Mental health is everybody’s business. 😨 🙂 Managing mental health is important in your workplace As a business and an employer, managing mental health within your business will help you:
- reduce staff absenteeism and working days lost each year.
- increase productivity in your workplace.
- create a mentally safe and healthy work place.
- abide by work health and safety laws, which require employers to take reasonable steps to make their workplaces mentally safe and healthy.
In the lead up to and on Mental Health Day (10th Oct 2019), promote initiatives in your business by
- encouraging help seeking behaviour with your staff.
- reducing the stigma associated with mental illness in your workplace.
- fostering connectivity throughout your community.
Seek to achieve these goals by encouraging people to take personal ownership of their own mental health and wellbeing. Here’s some steps your business can take to look after the mental health of your employees:
- Increase awareness of mental health conditions and reduce the stigma in your workplace.
- Support employees with mental health conditions in the workplace and prevent discrimination against them.
- Identify and minimise workplace risks to your employees’ mental health.
Encourage your employees to look after their own mental health!