Ethics, Integrity and Community Values are important qualities to the Sunbury Business Association and should be reflected in the conduct of SBA Members.
The SBA is committed to promoting the highest standards of customer service, workmanship and business conduct, and full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, codes and standards.
A strong Code of Ethics benefits the SBA, its Members, and Sunbury's regional community by;
- Encouraging Members to conduct themselves Ethically and with Integrity
- Enabling SBA Members to promote themselves as being party to the SBA Code of Ethics, including use of SBA logo
- Encouraging Consumers, Community Members, and other SBA Members to choose SBA Members as Ethical Suppliers & Business Partners
Code of Ethics
This Code has been designed to comply with Australian Standard AS4269-1995 on Complaints Handling and Australian Standard AS 3806-1998 on Compliance Programs.
This Code of Ethics applies to Members of the Sunbury Business Association. It is the duty of every Member to comply with this Code, and to take all reasonable steps to ensure that their associates and employees do not commit any act or make any omission which would be a breach of this Code if committed by the Member.
This Code applies to all commercial dealings by Members with fellow Members, suppliers, customers and with the public generally. It also applies to the obligations of Members under the Constitution of the Association.
This Code aims to;
- (a) promote the highest standards of customer service, competence, workmanship and conduct by Members of the SBA;
- (b) provide guidelines to Members on best practice for the marketing, costing and supply of services to the public;
- (c) establish a simple and effective complaints handling and disputes resolution procedure, with appropriate sanctions for breaches of this Code;
- (d) through responsible self-regulation, complement and enhance existing laws and codes governing Members; and
- (e) strengthen the competitive edge of Members of the Association by assuring customers and suppliers that they have the right to expect the highest standards at all times.
All Members of the Association must agree to be bound by the SBA Code of Ethics, under which they shall at all times conduct their business so as to;
- (a) provide products and services with competence, fairness, value, honesty and integrity;
- (b) ensure that all products and services they provide are delivered as advertised, and that all claims made are genuine;
- (c) ensure that standards of workmanship are provided as promised to the customer, in accordance with appropriate industry practice for the class of work concerned, and in a manner which shall enhance the reputation of the industry;
- (d) use their best endeavours to ensure compliance with the Code by all partners, associates, employees and contractors, to the extent that the Code applies to them; and
- (e) avoid any action which might bring the Association and its Members into disrepute.
Individuals or Businesses found to be in breach of the Code are ineligible for SBA Membership. Breaches may result in suspension, cancellation or refusal of Membership, at the sole discretion of the SBA Ethics Committee after investigation and adjudication of legitimate complaints.
As a community-based volunteer organisation, the Sunbury Business Association is only as strong as the support it receives from Members, Sponsors, Partners and Volunteers.
Supporting the SBA offers opportunities to develop yourself while becoming engaged with your Community. Your efforts will not be un-noticed, with Volunteers and Committee Members recognised at SBA Events and on the SBA website.
There are many ways for you to support your Community with the SBA, including;
Become a Member
When representing the Sunbury Business Community to Government and Regulators, the strength of our "Voice" is only as strong as those who speak with us. The more Members we have, the louder our voice! By becoming a Member, you not only support our Advocacy, but you will also enjoy benefits and cost savings highlighted on our Membership Benefits page.
Attend our Events
We run a number of SBA events and also support Partner events including Sunbury Women in Business. By attending events you will meet other business professionals, learn from expert speakers and guests, and promote your business via networking and Sponsorship opportunities. Your attendance also supports our Event Sponsors, which encourages their ongoing Sponsorship which funds SBA initiatives.
Sponsor an Event
Sponsors receive great promotional exposure to key Business decision makers, while also presenting themselves to Consumers throughout the Sunbury Community as a leading Corporate Citizen. Click here for more information about Sponsorships.
Volunteer to help with an SBA Event
Ever been to an event and found it hard to meet everyone? A great ice-breaker is to volunteer for an Event, to help with name-tags, check-in, serving food & refreshments, ushering crowds or lending a hand. If you really like events, you may also be interested in playing a bigger role by planning events with our Events Committee.
Join or help a Committee
The SBA has working-Committees responsible for;
- Community Engagement
- Membership & Sponsorship
- Event Planning & Management
- Policy & Advocacy
- Communications & Marketing
Each Committee manages projects that may include;
- Business & Community Surveys
- Conducting Surveys
- Analysing feedback & survey responses
- Developing Policy
- Membership Strategy
- Developing Sponsorship programs
- Encouraging new Sponsorships
- Event format/program selection
- Planning & booking
- Event-day management
- Volunteer coordination
- Marketing & Communications
- Website design, maintenance & update
- Social media updates
- Partner promotional opportunities
- Community Social Media pages
- Partner websites
- Projects with our print & radio Media Partners
- Designing and printing SBA advertising & promotional items
If you have skills, attributes or interest in any of these fields or projects, please contact us to learn more!
Membership Benefits and Costs
By supporting the SBA, you are supporting business and job-growth in Sunbury, which benefits our whole Community.
SBA Members enjoy many Benefits and Cost Savings, including:
***News Flash...News Flash...
The SBA is proud to announce a new partnership with the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), which offers current SBA Members, and new Members before 30 June, access to VCCI's "Essential Membership Package" valued at $644.
The Essentials Package includes dozens of workplace tools and templates to assist businesses as they navigate the complexities of Human Resource/Staff Management, Workplace Health & Safety, and more. Choose from a huge range of policy & procedural tools to help businesses of all size.
Existing SBA Members need to contact the SBA to "Opt-In" to the new VCCI program, and after your details are provided to VCCI, you can access all of the tools listed here. New Members need to sign-up before June 30 to obtain this $644 value for no cost. Why wait??
Priority access & registration to a range of knowledge-based events, including;
- Expert-Speaker presentations
- Business information
- Government and regulatory updates & impacts
- Business Management
- Team building
- Managing staff
- Workplace Safety
- Developing policies and procedures
- Using Websites & Social Media to grow your business
- Other topics as identified by Member feedback and Surveys
- Business events offered by Partners including the Victorian Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Business Promotion & Exposure opportunities
Promote and grow your Business via;
- Networking events
- Meet and interact with Business peers & mentors
- Meet and promote yourself at Consumer & Community events
- Sponsorship promotional opportunities
- SBA event Sponsorships
- Partner event Sponsorships
- Website & Communications Sponsorships
- Marketing & Advertising
- Participation in SBA co-ordianted & targeted campaigns
- SBA Preferred Supplier relationships
- Your Business is promoted as a "preferred supplier"
- SBA endorsement
- Your Business must adhere to SBA ethics policy
- You can use SBA logo on your Business promtional material
Advocacy and Representation
If you're frustrated with having no "voice" as a single Business, then the SBA can help you to be heard by joining our collective "Voice".
- Researched, mandated & bi-partisan Policy Statements relating to issues impacting Sunbury
- Media Partnerships to make us heard
- Relationships with Governments and regulators to encourage communication and participation in policy development
Members receive attractive discounts that easily exceed the cost of Membership, including;
- Discounted attendance at Events
- Discounts on Sponsorship programs for SBA Events, Website, and Communications initiatives
- Discounts from SBA Media Partners for print & radio advertising & sponsorships
- Discounted Memberships with Partner Organisations
- Discounts on goods & services from other SBA Members are soon to be announced
Membership Categories and Costs
The SBA is a private, Not-for-Profit group, funded by Membership & Sponsorships.
Memberships are tax-deductable and inexpensive, at around $1 to $4 per week.
|Member Type||Eligibility||Cost per/annum|
Not For Profit
Individual members with a Health, Student or Pension card holders
Community partner representatives
Home-based or sole-trader business with no employees or contractors
1 - 9 Staff or Contractors
10+ Staff or Contractors
Help us to help you, by joining the SBA today!
- All new Memberships subject to approval from Membership Committee
- All Members must abide by SBA Ethics Policy. Policy available on request
- Memberships valid for 12 months, renewable on anniversary of joining